Friday, April 30, 2010

Thursday afternoon


On Friday afternoon, I had the honor of being part of a panel on fundraising. I worked with Ryan Janke, Susi Werli, and Elizabeth Harty, a charitable organization officianido when it comes to what you can and cannot do regarding the IRS.

The first to present was Ryan who told us about Myskatingmall.com. This is a program of fundraising for clubs. I plan on presenting this to the SMISC membership sometime in the near future.

Next up was Susi Werli. She talked about hosting a skate-a-thon. It sounded like a lot of fun and a great way to raise funds in an afternoon. That is something we could explore with the Jr. Board.

I was up next and talked about Destination Vancouver and the events that were hosted by the Jr. Board in the last year.

Elizabeth Harty ended the session with a Q&A regarding what restrictions apply to a non-profit pursuant to IRS rules.

It was a great session and I am honored that USFS asked me to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment